You Know You’re a Kindergarten Teacher When…
1) You’re asked about the latest book that you’ve read and your response involves a picture book.
2) You know who Betsy is (and also why she’s naughty) and you find yourself constantly humming the song.
3) You are an expert at getting knots out of shoe laces.
4) You think nothing of being called “Mommy” by a student.
5) You have addressed another adult by saying, “Hello, friend!”
6) Your heart is bursting with pride every time you hear one of your little pumpkins read for the first time!
7) You have asked your friends and family to save toilet paper rolls, plastic jars, etc.
8) You are a better phonetic speller than traditional one.
9) You regularly say things like… “please don’t chew on your shirt”, “get a tissue”, “honey, are you eating glue?” and “oops, don’t forget to wash your hands”.
10) You answer with an eager “YES!!” to the question, “Do you Tooty-Ta?”